Copyright 1998-2019 © www.infoSystem.cz,
CHURCH OF THE BIRTH OF OUR LADY
A significant sight reminding us of the times of the Rožmberk owners of Miličín is the originally Gothic church of the Birth of Our Lady. It was built in approximately 1380 as a church with two naves and a polygon shaped presbytery and an adjacent sacristy with an oblong ground plan to the north. There is a conical tower looming over the southern part of the nave. There are supporting pillars around the building. Some major construction changes were performed between 1736 and 1754. Windows in the north of the nave were bricked up, the height of the church was increased, the vaulted ceiling and internal pillars removed. This converted the original double nave into on wide nave with a mirror ceiling. Also the height of the tower was increased and covered with a bricked tapered square roof. An entrance hall was added in front of the western frontispiece. This leads into the nave through the original profiled portal with Gothic tracery. A cross-ribbed effect vaulted ceiling resting on supports has been preserved in the presbytery to date. The cross-ribbed vaulted ceiling with ray effect was used also in the original sacristy later converted to a chapel.
The decorative interior of the church is worth mentioning too. Frescos on the topics from the life of Our Lady Mary were created by J. Spitzer and F. A. Müller in 1754 and later repaired in 1896.
součást prezentačního a rezervačního systému Doménová koule ®