CHURCH OF ST. MATTHEW [ Kostel nebo katedrála ]
The church of Sv. Matouš originates from the 13th century. It is a one nave building with a square presbytery which is finished with three sides of an octagon. A sacristy, originally a chapel, is in the north. The tower, which replaced the original belfry, next to the western frontispiece was added between 1833 and 1838.The presbytery has a ribbed vaulted ceiling on consoles, two of them shaped as masks. The sacristy has a cylindrical vaulted ceiling, with a flat ceiling under the tower. The presbytery is lit through three original windows with tracery, the window behind the altar has been bricked up. The oblong nave has a flat ceiling and lit through two cuspated windows which are set in the wall at a slight angle. The Triumphant Arch is also cuspated. The southern Gothic frontispiece has been bricked up and replaced by a western frontispiece in the tower. The entry to the sacristy is also cuspated.