MUSEUM OF THE LIFE OD THE DIVISOV JEWISH COMMUNITY [ Muzeum ]
Šternberská 158, 257 26 Divišov
Phone: +420 317 855 224
The Jewish settlement in Divisov dates back to before the year 1685. The synagogue housing the museum was built in the first half of the 19th century, in the late style of Classicism, with an apsis. The reconstruction of the building, finished in the autumn of 2004, was backed by financial support from the European Union. The displays depicting the life of the Jewish community in the region were developed in co-operation with the Association of Municipalities CHOPOS, the Divisov Municipality, the Jewish Museum in Prague and the Museum of the Podblanicky Region. The opening part of the display is dedicated to the progress of an extensive reconstruction project covering miscellaneous sacred sites within the CHOPOS region.